Saturday, May 10, 2014

Assembly


The World Cup was on while I was assembling the bike, so I was forced to do the assembly in my living room (luckily, it was a fairly clean task!).




The white-wall tires that I purchased from a shop in California (it's impossible to find any selection of whitewall tires in Canada!) turned out looking sharp! I also opted to buy a (non-original) chrome rear-rack for practicality, and to give the bike some more character.




Re-assembly of the brake pedals was a bit of a pain since the bearings literally fall apart when the pedal is disassembled. I needed to use grease to hold the ball bearings in place while I reassembled the pedals. I tried looking for new, or "reconditioned" pedals, since the rubber blocks had been a little worn out, but I was unable to find any. So the original ones when back on after a thorough cleaning...






No comments:

Post a Comment