Saturday, April 30, 2011

Seat is finished!

Ok, so I got really busy with putting the bike together, AND I got a job, and that means I didn't have the time to post anything new to the blog. A comment posted by a visitor to my blog reminded me that I should in fact post pictures of the remainder of the build. So the time stamps on the posts will be wrong (The complete bike was completed in time for my girlfriends birthday in July 2010). Anyways....

I got the seat back from the local tailor who used his industrial sewing maching to stitch the vinyl seat cover to the plastic seat form. He did not do a great job of it, although admittedly he was trying to stitch through plastic. Anyways, in order to cover up the ugly stitch marks (they were truly ugly), I had to glue on a fabric strip over top. This is the result...not bad for a first seat rebuild!

No comments:

Post a Comment